Dr Dawn Harbinson has worked in the education and training sector. Her skills and experience span a number of areas, including the following.
Wellbeing (One-to-one work)
- Mental Health Mentoring (will be guided by your needs but assistance is available with motivation, mental health, self-help, coping skills, confidence building, personal empowerment and development, stress management, relaxation training and life transition and adjustment etc.).
Education (Suitable for individuals or small groups)
- Study Skills and Examination Preparation (may include assistance with motivation and goal setting, essay writing, proofreading, research skills, organisational skills, time management skills, support with learning strategies and revision techniques etc. but will be guided by the needs of the student).
- Private Tutor (may include PhD support, ‘A’ level psychology, Access course and English language).
- Social Media Training / Education (Twitter, facebook and / or LinkedIn – you decide! What do you need or want to know? This tuition will be guided by your needs but should help you to become more ‘social media savvy’ and confident in using these platforms).
Training (Progammes suitable for groups and the community)
- Mental Health Awareness and Positive Wellbeing (existing programme or designed to your specifications).
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention (participants should gain a better understanding of the stigma of suicide, warning signs associated with suicide, the myths surrounding suicide, suicide in Northern Ireland and what a person can do to help someone who may be suicidal). Please note, this is not training in Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
- Proofreading (basic service that can include checking for consistency in use, spelling, punctuation and grammar. To be clear, this is not a re-editing service and no responsibility is assumed for any written work submitted for proofreading).
Any questions? Please feel free to get in contact and ask for more information. Call Dawn on 07512 143313